Simple and Flexible, what a Combination!
The SPE-DEX 5000 is a three-position automated disk extraction system that conditions the disk, loads the sample (20 mL to 2 L) and elutes the analytes all without intervention! A benchtop system with optional use in a hood, the SPE-DEX 5000 is a rugged system incorporating clean materials to allow extraction of low concentration compounds. The system offers a number of features that facilitate easy use of the system including the ability to run previously developed methods with just a few clicks. It also offers the flexibility to optimize many parameters for the best performance in recovery and precision of desired analytes.
A few of the features of the system include:
- Control through easy to use, very visual software with icons and clear and straightforward operation for the best ease of use
- Atlantic® SVOC and Pacific® Oil & Grease Disks can be used for the highest quality consumable, and certified for automated use
- The SPE-DEX 5000 Module can facilitate high sample throughput; with 3 positions per module and up to four modules connected to one PC controller, up to 12 samples can be run at one time!
- Run even complex samples without emulsions forming; the power of SPE at work!
- Particulates are not a worry with the use of the Fast Flow Disk Holder and prefilters; the large surface area holds the particulates for extraction to ensure the entire sample is characterized
- The original sample bottle can be used on the SPE-DEX 5000 eliminating the need to transfer the sample to another container
- The sample bottle is automatically rinsed with the extracting solvents, as mandated by regulatory agencies
- The system is quiet since the pumps are all internal to the unit and run only when needed
- Up to 7 solvents can be used and positioned on the top of the instrument (similar to HPLC) to use space efficiently
- Reports can be generated for archiving run conditions or export to a LIMS
- Never lose a sample with a detection system designed to pause the run for user intervention when an unsatisfactory situation is detected
- An optional bar-code reader can enter sample identifications without transcription error, reducing errors
- Use the optional Vapor Shield to contain vapors and/or allow a nitrogen blanket to protect sensitive samples