Horizon Technology has information to help companies with drinking water methods. To access, click on the links below:
US EPA Method 525.2
US EPA Method 525.2, Semivolatiles in drinking water has a large list of diverse analytes. It is used as a routine check of drinking water purity.
US EPA Method 525.3
US EPA Method 525.3 is the next EPA revision of 525.2, however there are signficant changes which make the newer 525.3 a vastly improved method. Several of the major changes are as follows:
- The sorbent material has been changed from C18 to DVB (divinylbenzene). This yields better recoveries over a wider pH range.
- The preservation/dechlorination scheme has changed from HCL and sodium sulfite, to ascorbic acid, EDTA, and citric acid. This is a safer for field sampling crews, and allows bottles to be shipped with preservatives pre-added.
- The internal standard is added to the final extract, not prior to the extraction as with 525.2.
- The use of SIM mode is an option for regulated compounds that have difficulty reaching detection limits.
- The surrogate perylene-d12 has been dropped. Pentachlorophenol-C13 is now used as an internal standard for pentachlorophenol.
Chinese Method SL-392-2007 for Semivolatiles in Water by Solid Phase Extraction and Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
Determination of Semivolatiles in Water using Automated Disk Solid Phase Extraction and GC/MS using Chinese Environmental Agency Method SL-392-2007 (AN114) (AN1141703_02_Semivolatile_Compounds_from_Drinking_Water)
Determination of Organic Compounds in Drinking Water using Atlantic DVB Disks for Chinese Method SL-392-2007 (AN108) AN1081605 SVOC Disk DVB Chinese
Improving Efficiency and Accuracy when Extracting Semivolatile Organic Compounds in Drinking Water by Method Chinese Environmental Agency SL-392-2007 (AN106) AN1061605 SVOC Cartridge Faster Chinese
Extracting Semivolatile Organics from Drinking Water using the SmartPrep Cartridge Extractor with DVB and Chinese Environmental Method SL-392-2007 (AN107) AN1071605 SVOC Cartridge DVB Chinese
Extraction of a Full Suite of Semivolatile Compounds from Drinking Water using Automated Disk Solid Phase Extraction following Chinese Method SL 392-2007 (AN116) AN1161705_01_Semivolatile_Compounds_from_Drinking_Water Chinese (3)
US EPA 508.1
US EPA Method 508.1 for pesticides in drinking water. Over the years since pesticides began to be developed they have benefited society and yet caused concerns. As better understanding of chronic exposure continues, measurements are critical to understand human and animal exposure.
EPA Method 535
US EPA Method 535 for herbicide degradates in drinking water. Herbicides are the most broadly used form of pesticide.
EPA Method 537
US EPA Method 537 for the measurement of polyfluorinated and perfluorinated chemicals Is increasingly important.
EPA Method 521
US EPA Method 521 for nitrosamines in drinking water. An emerging class of disinfection by-product compounds with health effects is nitrosamines which result from chloramination or chlorination if the water is nitrogen-rich.
Additional Drinking Water Methods
US EPA Method 506, Phthalates and Adipate Esters
US EPA Method 515.2, Chlorinated Acids
US EPA Method 526, Organic Compounds
US EPA Method 548.1, Endothall
US EPA Method 549.2, Diquat & Paraquat
US EPA Method 552.1, Haloacetic Acid and Dalapon