Protecting the environment from harmful solvent vapors
The Horizon Technology SolventTrapsvoc Solvent Recovery System is designed to condense and collect solvent vapors which are generated by Horizon’s DryVap® Concentrator System.
Using a vacuum pump, the solvent vapors are pulled through a cold condenser coil, where the solvent vapors are chilled and converted back into a liquid form. The solvent then flows by gravity into a round bottom glass flask. When the flask is full a stopcock can be turned to drain the collected solvent into a disposal vessel.
Designed specifically to handle the volume of solvent vapor generated by the DryVap Concentrator System, the SolventTrapsvoc System operates at 0C using a chiller and is capable of condensing and capturing approximately 90-95% of the solvent vapor (95% for dichloromethane (DCM)).
- Enables regulatory compliance for air emissions
- Protects workers from exposure to harmful solvent vapors
- Keeps sensitive lab instruments protected
- Recaptured solvent can be redistilled or sold
When combined with the DryVap Concentration System:
- Typical solvent volumes of 180-200 mL of methylene chloride (DCM) can be evaporated in 50-60 minutes run times
- The end point can be automatically detected and the process ended when the endpoint is reached
- The sample can be evaporated directly into GC autosampler vials, eliminating transfer from the evaporation vessel
- Improves the workflow and enables compliance