DryDisk Separation Membrane. Never use Sodium Sulfate Again!
DryDisk Separation Membranes offer a much more efficient means of drying solvents in organic extractions than sodium sulfate. Because it is a physical separation rather than a chemical process to remove residual water from organic solvent extracts, DryDisk Separation Membranes eliminate the problems inherent with chemical drying such as retention of water-soluable compounds, over-saturation, clogging, oven drying , and contamination.
Two types of disks and barrel with the membrane embedded are available. Choose the disk with ring for convenient handling and trend analysis with previous work using the same disk. Choose the more economical DryDisk-R to replace sodium sulfate in a high-production lab.
Advantages of DryDisk Separation Membrane over sodium sulfate drying:
- No special preparation
- No hazardous waste created
- No analyte adsorption losses
- No contamination introduced
- Separated water can be re-extracted, if desired
- Unlimited capacity for water
DryDisk Separation Membrane
50 mL Disposable Barrel
The new DryDisk Separation Membrane 50-mL Barrel is a disposable sample preparation device that provides a fast and simple approach for removing residual water from non-polar solvents. The barrel is made from high purity HDPE (high density polyethylene) and has a membrane embedded inside. The Barrel can be conveniently used with the DryVap or with a manifold.
- DryDisk integrated with the barrel, no assembly required
- Simply place the barrel in the manifold or DryVap, add the sample and run
- Compatible with most SPE vacuum manifolds for lab compatibility
- Discard the barrel after use, no messy clean-up