Purchasing Assistant (part-time – 25 hours/wk)
Horizon is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to support our Purchasing Manager to help maintain adequate inventory levels. The Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for learning company purchasing policies and procedures. The successful candidate will also be charged with normal office duties.
- Process daily purchasing requests
- Reconcile Purchase order acknowledgements
- Update system with costing information
- Communicate with vendors on pending or late orders for delivery
- Review inventory status and limits
- Process and follow-up on RTV’s (Return to Vendor) materials
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree or higher preferred)
- 3+ years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and negotiating skills
- Kanban experience helpful
- Knowledge of Microsoft Software: Outlook, Xcel, Word
Horizon Technology is a leading global manufacturer of automated sample preparation systems for the analysis of organic compounds and Oil & Grease Testing. Horizon Technology understands the challenges of today’s laboratories, and the importance of the sample preparation step in the work flow of the overall analytical process. We strive to help laboratory managers meet their business objectives by increasing sample throughput, reducing operating costs, and improving the accuracy and consistency of their data. Horizon Technology, Inc. is headquartered in the United States, with distributors around the world.
In addition to a competitive salary package, we offer benefits designed to help our employees stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected, and balance the demands of work and home. Qualified candidates should e-mail resume, salary history and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.